The Fern Lake Trail is one of the more difficult hikes in the June Lake…
There are actually a few different trails you can take to get to Yost Lake:
- (highlighted in Blue) One starts across from the fire station in downtown June Lake.
- in and out hike, about 4.5 miles each way.
- (highlighted in Red) There is another trail head off the road, just walking distance from the Double Eagle Resort!
- in and out hike, about 3.8 miles each way, a little more difficult.
- (highlighted in Green) During the summer (until September 7th) you can take a June Mountain Scenic Ride up to the main lodge. The trail head is just a few minutes walk from the main lodge.
- in and out hike, about 2.5 miles each way, easiest of the three